In our continuing series looking at the latest medical research and news on COVID-19, Larry Mantle speaks with Dr. Dean Blumberg, professor of medicine and chief of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at UC Davis Children’s Hospital. We also want to hear from listeners. How are you weighing holiday plans and how are you talking with family and friends about it? Share your thoughts or ask questions by calling 866-893-5722.
Today’s topics include:
- Why are cases surging in LA County?
- Mounting evidence showing limited risk from contact surfaces
- Oxford, AstraZeneca: strong immune response showing in older adults
- Could a new stay-at-home order be looming in LA County?
- Health officials urge people to stay at home for Thanksgiving holiday
Dean Blumberg, M.D., professor of medicine and chief of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at UC Davis Children’s Hospital