In our continuing series looking at the latest medical research and news on COVID-19, Larry Mantle speaks with infectious disease expert Dr. Kimberly Shriner from Huntington Hospital in Pasadena.
Topics today include:
- California pulls the “emergency brake” on reopening
- New type of test may better discern immunity to coronavirus
- People using COVID testing as an excuse to socialize & dangers of falling into false sense of security with testing
- L.A. Times editorial: “America’s broken PPE pipeline is still broken”
- COVID-19 testing before flying could become the norm as airlines try to boost confidence and woo travelers
Kimberly Shriner, M.D., infectious disease specialist at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena