In our continuing series looking at the latest medical research and news on COVID-19, Larry Mantle speaks with Dr. Peter Chin-Hong from UCSF and Soumya Karlamangla of the Los Angeles Times.
Topics today include:
- Is this overlooked variable driving the pandemic?
- COVID-19 vaccine candidate 94.5 percent effective, Moderna says
- The third surge is taking its toll on healthcare workers
- Weekend COVID-19 surge alarms L.A. officials amid talk of curfew, more actions
- Newsom faces backlash after attending French Laundry dinner party