This one's a doozy if you regularly head to the Port of Long Beach: The 710 freeway connector to westbound Ocean Boulevard will be closed for 30 months starting Saturday at 10 a.m.
Crews will demolish and rebuild the ramp to westbound Ocean Boulevard this weekend, as part of the $1.2 billion Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement Project.
Commuters heading south on the 710 freeway toward Terminal Island will be diverted onto southbound Pico Avenue, then to an on-ramp that rejoins westbound Ocean Boulevard to cross the Gerald Desmond Bridge.
West County Connectors
- I-405, I-605, SR-22: These freeways and surrounding ramps and streets regularly see night closures throughout the week and sometimes into the weekend. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Ocean Boulevard: The southbound 710 freeway connector to westbound Ocean Boulevard will be closed for 30 months as part of the Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement Project. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Arlington Avenue: The eastbound Arlington Avenue on-ramp to SR-91 will be closed for 10 days beginning Monday at 6:01 a.m. It is expected to reopen May 7 at 6 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Western Avenue: The Western Avenue on-ramp to the southbound 5 freeway will be closed for 90 days starting April 6. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 2 freeway will remain closed between Vincent’s Gap and Islip Saddle west of Wrightwood in San Bernardino County due to rock fall and slide material making its way down the saturated slopes and onto the road surface. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Sunset Avenue: The eastbound 10 on- and off-ramp at Sunset Avenue, as well as a portion of Sunset Avenue south of the westbound ramps, will be closed for approximately eight months beginning April 25. Read More
- Ramp and Lane Closures: The 57 freeway regularly sees a number of ramp and lane closures for the Orange County Transportation Authority's widening project. Read More
- Connector and Ramp Closures: Caltrans will close one lane of the northbound U.S. 101 to southbound 110 and southbound U.S. 101 to northbound 110 connectors for approximately four months beginning in late January. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: The north and southbound 215 will be affected by two lane changes and ramp closures between McCall Boulevard and Scott Road until 2014. Read More
- Shoemaker Avenue: Shoemaker Avenue will be closed in both directions between Excelsior Drive to South Firestone Boulevard until approximately May 12. Read More
- Foothill Boulevard: Eastbound Foothill Boulevard between Vernon and Orange avenues will be closed daily from 4 a.m. to 2 p.m. Read More
- Myrtle Avenue: Myrtle Avenue will be closed just north of Duarte Road near the railroad crossing for approximately four months. Read More
Metro and Metrolink
- Special Service Advisories: Bus lines 002, 004, 010, 014, 016, 018, 020, 030/330, 035, 037, 038, 040, 045, 053, 055, 060, 062, 068, 070, 071, 076, 078/079/378, 081, 083, 084, 090/091, 094, 102, 200, 102, 105, 210 460, 487/489, 710, 740, 720, 745, 760, 770, Silver Line (910) will be affected this weekend. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek bike paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More