Cars heading down Crenshaw Boulevard in Los Angeles are going to see more traffic than usual Friday night.
Metro is closing a block Crenshaw Boulevard as part of its Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project. Crews will begin work on the underground stations at Crenshaw and Martin Luther King Jr. boulevards.
Crenshaw Boulevard will be closed starting Friday at 10 p.m. between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Stocker Street, and the road is expected to reopen Saturday at 1 p.m.
More planned closures are as follows:
West County Connectors
- I-405, I-605, SR-22: These freeways and surrounding ramps and streets regularly see night closures throughout the week and sometimes into the weekend. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The northbound 405 freeway will lose its No. 5 lane through Monday. The freeway and nearby ramps will close nightly between Wilshire and Greenleaf Street. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Arlington Avenue: The eastbound Arlington Avenue on-ramp to SR-91 will be closed for 10 days beginning Monday at 6:01 a.m. It is expected to reopen May 7 at 6 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Western Avenue: The Western Avenue on-ramp to the southbound 5 freeway will be closed for 90 days starting April 6. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 2 freeway will remain closed between Vincent’s Gap and Islip Saddle west of Wrightwood in San Bernardino County due to rock fall and slide material making its way down the saturated slopes and onto the road surface. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Sunset Avenue: The eastbound 10 on- and off-ramp at Sunset Avenue, as well as a portion of Sunset Avenue south of the westbound ramps, will be closed for approximately eight months beginning April 25. Read More
- Ramp and Lane Closures: The 57 freeway regularly sees a number of ramp and lane closures for the Orange County Transportation Authority's widening project. Read More
- Connector and Ramp Closures: Caltrans will close one lane of the northbound U.S. 101 to southbound 110 and southbound U.S. 101 to northbound 110 connectors for approximately four months beginning in late January. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: The north and southbound 215 will be affected by two lane changes and ramp closures between McCall Boulevard and Scott Road until 2014. Read More
- Rosecrans Avenue: Rosecrans Avenue going westbound will be closed at the I-5 undercrossing on Sunday from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Read More
- Wilshire/Sepulveda Boulevard: The Wilshire / Sepulveda Boulevard intersection will be closed nightly in Westwood until May 5. Read More
- Shoemaker Avenue: Shoemaker Avenue will be closed in both directions between Excelsior Drive to South Firestone Boulevard until approximately May 12. Read More
- Foothill Boulevard: For six weeks starting Monday, eastbound Foothill Boulevard between between Vernon and Orange avenues will be closed daily from 4 a.m. to 2 p.m. Read More
- South Firestone Boulevard: Caltrans will fully close South Firestone Boulevard in both directions from Rosecrans Avenue to just south of Silverbow Avenue through April 2014. Read More
- Myrtle Avenue: Myrtle Avenue will be closed just north of Duarte Road near the railroad crossing for approximately four months. Read More
Metro and Metrolink
- Special Service Advisories: Bus lines 002, 004, 030/330, 035, 038, 040, 045, 068, 084, 745 will be affected this weekend. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek bike paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More
This post has been updated.
Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that Los Angeles International Airport would be affected by the closure on Crenshaw Boulevard. KPCC regrets the error.